Przemyśl – power of dignity or open stage?
On June 21, 2023, at 5 p.m., another, fourth consultation meeting took place as part of work on the Przemyśl brand, led by Michał Basiński from the Lublin company Synergia (website: Synergia), responsible for preparing the brand strategy.
At this stage, we discuss two outlines of the concept of the main idea of the brand, which have been initially defined as: "the power of dignity" and "open stage".
These were some of the opinions of meeting participants regarding these concepts.
- The concept of "dignity" is difficult to imagine. The "scene" is definitely wider, more tangible and will also include ideas related to "dignity".
- To be authentic, the "power of dignity" would have to involve a huge mental change in the entire society. The concept of dignity is a bit pompous, stiff, unmodest and can be off-putting. Personally, I wouldn't come to a "decent city".
- I wouldn't want the city's brand to be based on something dramatic or tragic. Even though dignity itself is a great value, it is most often associated with situations in which you have to fight for it because it is not respected, and these are not positive associations.
- During the war, Przemyśl finally became a stage where important historical events took place and continue to take place - it also behaved with dignity, so it is clear that both ideas can be combined with each other.
- Culture educates, so an "open stage" can be a bridge between "culture" and "dignity".
- Life in the city is a relay race between generations. An open stage is something that we can pass on to subsequent generations of Przemyśl residents: "we are leaving an open stage for you - play on it."
- The "open stage" will definitely give us external audiences, the dignity is less touristy.
- Przemyśl needs a fresh look, something new, and, above all, to complete the activities, i.e. implement the concept that will ultimately be selected.
Reports from previous meetings are available on our website:
- first meeting https://prl.przemysl.eu/68530/za-nami-first-spotkanie-warsztatowe-w-ramach-badan-marki-i-wizerunku-miasta-przemysla.html
- second meeting: https://prl.przemysl.eu/68848/czem-jest-marka-czy-miasto-moze-byc-marka-co-moze-stac-sie-marka-przemysla.html
- third meeting: https://prl.przemysl.eu/69184/kolejne-spotkanie-z-cyklu-porozniąjmy-o-przemyslu.html.
The Przemyśl Brand and Marketing Communication Strategy for 2024-2030 project is an element of the project: "Together We Change Przemyśl" financed from external funds, 85% from the Norwegian Financial Mechanism for 2014-2021 and 15% from the state budget under the Development program Local.